Where is your website on Google search? This is the first question that pops in your mind after launching your website.
It looks hard, but it is not.
Here are the 10 top mistakes that your website might have:
- Hiring a web designer who is not familiar with marketing and branding concepts
- Not optimizing your website for Search Engine Visibility, or SEO
- Not using a Content Management System, to update regularly
- Not adding content regularly, and the result becomes an online brochure, static and boring.
- Omitting local address information on Google places and other map software such as Foursquare.
- Forgetting the Call-To-Action on your pages, to make it easy for clients to contact you.
- Not having your site responsive to mobile screens and tablets.
- Not tracking your visits, leads and clients.
- Missing links to social media and reviews pages.
- Using domains with no keywords. Domain names with keywords increase your rank on Google search.
Tips to tackle the above mistakes:
- Have your site converted to a CMS to be able to add and update content.
- Publishing at least a blog per week.
- Your local information should be on every page of your site.
- Use traffic magnets, such as free ebooks, videos or tips.
- Have a call-to-action on almost every page on your site.
- Create a corporate video and publish it as early on your site as possible (homepage preferably)
- Reviews and testimonials to increase credibility.
- Have your service in your domain.
If you are frustrated by the lack of leads being generated by your shiny new website, you'll need to avoid those mistakes as step 1. Competition is rising day after day, and customers now more much than before.
If you need further help on this subject, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .